Sunday, November 4, 2012

Doubting abilities

I sometimes look at my artistic abilities and I get a wave of different emotions.  One day, I will feel successful and confident with my photography skills.  I could modify any face, remove any wrinkle, fix the worst lighting conditions.  Even think that I could possibly do portrait photography full time.  It is a wonderful feeling to know that I have the skills to improve a photograph or draw my children's faces.

And then there are other days . . .  

The days when you have a bad photo session, your creativity level is hovering about zero, and you're working slower than a mule.  Then days that make you question your experience and drive.  Unfortunately we all have those days when working on our craft.

So how do you get past them?

This is a question that every artist or person must deal with.  How do you deal with the highs and lows of working with your art.

1 comment:

  1. Thats because art is an outward expression of your inner thoughts. Like Jack getting back from the doctor, suddenly wants to hang them. I think everyone has those problems in their life, and with their art. but no really, what am i suppose to write about?

    ReplyDelete