Monday, October 28, 2013

Emotion and Meaning

I went through a plethora of blogs this weeks and several of them had the same undertone: emotion.  How do certain artists put such meaning and emotion behind their work.  I think Connor even said the statement "Do some people have more emotions than others? Or are some just better at conveying their emotions into art?".  I hate to say this but I think some people are just more in tune with the thoughts and feelings.  People say that girls are more emotional than guys but I think that is just a big giant stereotype.  Guys have just as much to say as girls but they may show it in other forms.  Face it, we all have feelings. 

So your blog for this week is to share something about yourself that you would like people to know.  Something that could potentially turn into an art piece.  A story that makes you emotional or makes you want to express your self.  This can be happy, sad, depressing, enlightening, or funny.  Any kind of statement you want to make but be sure to keep it real.     

Here is my story . . .

Anyone who knows me, knows that I truly love babies.  I love everything about them.  Their cries, their smell, their giggles.  Literally everything.  I even love being fat and pregnant and throwing up everyday.  I am BLESSED to have two beautiful and delightful daughters to enjoy for the rest of my life.  However, right now I am struggling with creating a concept - yes I am just still in the conceptual phase - for an art piece that I need to make for myself.  It is a personal piece of expression.  I need to make an art piece to release emotions that I have bottled in.  Emotions dealing with sorrow, sadness, loss, and a healing heart.  

By the way, have I ever mentioned to you that artwork can be cathartic?  Well it can.  It can solve problems, create new ones, and make you feel dumbfounded all at the same time.  Art is glorious.

My project is about letting go and healing.  My project is about babies and dealing with the loss of them.  I need to find a way to show my love for a precious baby that is not here for me to physically hug.    

1 comment:

  1. This one hits deep because as of late my art work has been dark and mechanical to express my emotions and how i feel inside so this blog is kind of perfectly timed. Something that is really personal to me is that I am so afraid to show any kind of weakness; I do not cry in front of others, i rarely open up my problems to people because I always viewed myself as the one who people came to for their problems and if those people knew that I had problems of my own then they would not come to me for help, and helping others is something that makes me feel amazing! However, I am finding out that that is not the case and that I can have problems of my own, and that I am just as important as others.

    ReplyDelete